Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Car Stuff:
When I started this blog I had hoped to be posting pretty often, if you've been looking at it for a while you'll know that that hasn't happened, so I'll start talking about car stuff. I'm gonna try to post this kind of thing like I thought I'd be able to when I first started. It will mostly by my favorite and least favorite cars. Car #1:Toyota Prius. I'll try to be nice to this thing, but no guarantees. I hate it. Why? It's slow, 0-60 take 13.5 seconds and it only hit 99mph, you couldn't even use it to deliver milk, because by the end of your run you'd be delivering cheese. It's not really green, on a route where it did 45 mpg, a Volkswagon Lupo diesel did 75. It's cheaply built, in order to stop the center console lid from rattling they've put on a little piece of advesive foam. And its ugly enough to make small children feel sick. Oh, it's not cheap either It starts at about 21k, you can get a very well equipped Toyota Corrolla for 19k, and it does 41 mpg! So, in short, if you buy one of these things you end up with a painfully slow, excruciatingly ugly, cheaply built, expensive, not terribly green, and therefore pointless way of moving around.


* image courtsey of ALLCARIMAGES.com

No comments: