Thursday, March 05, 2009
I started another blog. I decided not to mess around with this one as it would be unrecognizable by the time I finished.
Anyway, if you're bothered to look, I'm proud to introduce Life In the Cold: http://thestig99.blogspot.com/
Posts here will continue to be non-existant.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
WHOA! Who the hell are you?!
So, yeah. I'm pretty bored, to be honest, and thought I'd pop in and see if this thing even exists. Apparently it does. Then I even guessed my username and password.
My the way things have changed. Well, I still like cars too much. I'm 17 now, I've got a job, car and a license, I've become a lot more serious about my photography and mountain biking.
It also just occurred to me that there's a very slim chance anybody's going to see this. Meh.
That's all for now, folks.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Should have 6-12 inches for tomorrow morning, this makes me very happy. The only problem is that this, of course, happens right before exam week....exactly when I don't need school cancelations or delays.
Here's some pictures from this morning at about 10:
After one pass with a shovel:
Yay for snow!!!! I'll have more pictures of more snow later!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Holy hell there's soooo many things to talk about.....
I'll get a couple outta the way I guess.
Firstly....snow. WHERE THE HELL IS IT????? There is no snow here! Nothing! It's January, dammit!
Secondly, Autoblog car of the year......a 1987 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible....so woot for that.
I got yet another dog since my last post, soo:
Her name is Misty, and she's an American Eskimo.
I guess that's all for now....
Monday, August 07, 2006
Standing on my deck
One minute walk
End of the day.
The home of the stig. Not whole lot happening around here, but I am up for moderatorship on those EA forums I'm always talking about :)
In other news, Had tornado warnings here today. There was a severe thinderstorm (with rotation!) about 15 miles away with the core headed straight at me at 30 mph. As such I spent a couple hours in the basement with my 3 dogs and two cats, otherwise alone. It was interesting
Anyway, the storm amounted too some rain and a bit of thunfer, nothing near the 60 mph wind, nickel size hail, and tornadoes that were talked about....whew.
Blogger needs emoticons...I just realised that.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Not too bad, even though it was a work weekend. Went up Staturday and began scraping paint, then I was given the job of picking up sticks and throwing them in a fire, which is nice! Staurday afternoon I went too a snowmobile club meeting/cookout and a good time was had. Got back from that and went kayaking on the pond you see above, got all the way too the other side when a somebody fishing said that he saw lightning. After a top speed run in the kayak too get back we put them away and then it started pouring rain.
Sunday - Old home days. Snowmobile club had a booth. We sold, basicly, crap that nobody wanted. All proceeds went too the town fire department. We got rid of just about everything, everything that wasn't sold ent too the salvation army. Don't know the money total. It was perfect weather that day, which got me too spend a fiver on the 50/50 raffle, I lost. Oh well. On the upside, I got myself and Superman puzzle from 1966 that's in prestine condition for free, can you say Ebay?
Saturday, July 22, 2006
150 life experiances. Feel free too take it...extra points for a cool link!
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink (underage...)
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain (Maybe not a big one, but a mountain nonetheless....)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive (Not yet)
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said "I love you" and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris (I think you'll be seeing "Not yet" many times in tis post.....)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights (A few times...).
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip on a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Got drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (Been a while since I have, but still.)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (Why do they happen at the worst possible time??)
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer (Damn right! It's the only way......)
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends (Is had kind of like have? If so then yes....)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe (Eventually....)
47. Taken a road trip
48. Gone rock climbing (Indoor rock climbing counts, right?)
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken for longer than when you were in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them (Why....?)
54. Visited Japan (Not yet)
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your cds (Yeah...)
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day (Maybe not ALL day, but most of it)
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud (Stupid question.....)
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business (Nope, not yet anyway)
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (Huh?)
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days (I would die)
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programme as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship (Real kinda depends on how you classify a cruise ship)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror.
96. Raised children (What do you think?)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country (Hmm, sounds intereting..)
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane (That was awsome, it wasn't for more than a few minutes, but still fun)
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced (Not above my neck either, don't expect that too change any time soon)
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (Take THAT you stupid cans!!)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi (Another one of those things that's on the list..)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper (VAST)
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes (They taste like tomatoes, which is never a good thing)
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey (Say what?)
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read their work
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts (I didn't build it...)
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ (Almost)
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident (I sure hope not!)
150: Saved someone's life
Sunday, July 16, 2006
I know this was old news, but, anybody watch/care about the world cup? First I was rooting for USA, not expecting much, then I found that I was right and wanted Brazil too win, then I just gave up on the whole deal. I'm glad it's over too be honest, now the five weeks filled with the lack of TopGear is finally over!
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Right. I said I'd get these pictures up and, with a bit of procrastination, I am!! The car show pictures then...
<---My first Skyine :)
<---Really nicely done Toyota Supra
<---Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
<---Sbaru WRX STi with a full ChargeSpeed bodykit. Only other time I've seen this car was in the "10 hottest (car) bodies" section of an old Import Tuner.
That was a pain in the ass to format...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Very sorry about the long delay in posting. So much too post about though!! Number 1) one of our (my) favorite cars on SRC is getting replaced with another one. Take the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR seen here
in white. It was very very good, and it still is. Take that, change the look completely, take away all the know details. and you get this
Just look at it! It's called the Nissan Skyline R35 GTR (prototype), and the best news yet, it's coming to America!!! That's the exten of my knowlege on it.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Sorry I've been neglecting the old blog. I've been somewhat involved (sort of) with the EA (Electronic Arts) forums, at least the Need For Speed Most Wanted. The good news ia that I actually beat it, twice. The first time I did it didn't auto-save. so I had too do it again.
In other news there's...nothing. I don't really have anything too say, but I need too say something...so here goes...blah. Job done. Anyway, I'm posting from the town library...and I'll have too go very, very soon. Like now if not sooner. More sometime in the not too far off future.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Well I'm back from being sick and a few things have happened. Number one, I passed the 200 hit mark, or so says my counter. I have made progress in Need For Speed Most Wanted, I was stuck at one point for a long time but have since overcome that obstical...thatnks people who gave me tips at EA.com.
This morning I was awaken with a rather loud "clank". I went too the livingroom too find one of my cats standing in the ribble of a potted plant crime scene, complete with at weapon...the clock. I've got the pics above
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
It's about time!!! Yes we, the Americans, have finally built a good, no, awsome car!! The standard Ford GT is a pretty good car, but now there's a convertible version, called the GTX1. It's kind of like the Lamborghini Murcielago. The standard version is very good, but when a convertible got brought out it just blows your mind away (mine anyway). It just looks, better and it's more interesting. Sure performance is comprimised a bit but who cares?? You can't really maximise your 200+ mph drop-top supercar anywhere, can you? Anyway, I don't have many details about the car, but I do have pictures, and I want it. Unfortunatly there's only one, that makes it even harder too get, also rare. That's good for coolness. It's got the same 5.7 liter V8 pumping out 550 bhp. The sticker price here is $149, 000 (about £84,600) The intereior's a bit odd, but people'll be looking at hte outside anyway so it doesn't matter. There's a company that's going too start selling conversions so your GT can become a convertible. They aren't cheap though. I should point out that Foed is currently in survival mode (they lost something like $3 billion last year in porfits) and the GT is being dropped in September. Right, bed with stig.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Finally got my hands on The Sims 2 Nightlife. Best chunk of change I've spent in ohh about two weeks since I got my MP3 player. Surprised I didn't post about that....anyway It's really cool. Finallly cars, no more taxis, many more cool features, like downtown with reastraunts, bowling alleys, nightclubs, all kinds of cool stuff. I haven't had it for long but if I have another dry streak in the posting world, it might be helpful.
In other news, I got an MP3 player!! I don't care if I already said that. It's a 20 GB DELL, exactly what I wanted, and I love it!! Went snowmobiling Sunday, 92 miles, twas quite good once you got out of town and into the middle of nowhere. Even got a pic of me.
I know I've mentioned that I had too write a book for school, well I finally finished that. Well I'm out of things too say now...back in another week, hopefully sooner.