Wednesday, February 08, 2006

E-mail Security:
This evening I had some problems with my Yahoo! account. I would type in my ID and password (which I knew were correct) and it said that they were invalid. I thought maybe it was a server or network error so I called a friend to ask if he could get in to his. He explained

"Yeah we messed around with that, I tried to get into your E-mail and gave you a new password. You'll just have to change it.

This brought me on to something. Just how secure is my E-mail account? If he could just put in my Birthday, zip code, country, and pets name then give me a new password...anybody who knew me could have control of my E-mail. That would be bad.

P.S, you know who you are, if you try to hack my e-mail again I'm gonna beat you to death with your own skull.

7 comments:

Paul said...

I do know who I am and at least I stopped when I got in too deep, and told you what went on. BTW, Where is my post?

stig said...

I'll give you credit for telling me, but i don't know about you stopping when you got in too deep. Your post has fallen to a irreversible obliteration technique called a delete button.

Paul said...

I did as soon as I found out it worked I closed up without taking a glance at your inbox. My actions while sophmoric were not mortal sin.

stig said...

Thing is though, you have no way to prove that. BTW, "sophmoric" my god give it a rest you're not giving a press conference.

Paul said...

Ahh Watson, even the most elementary of minds would know that Yurtlenador witnessed the whole bloody thing.

stig said...

Watson?? Anyway he wasn't paying attention, I already called him.

Paul said...

Its from Sherlock Holmes.