Monday, March 13, 2006




Acabion GTBO 70:
Buagatti Veyron, bah, McLaren F1, not even trying, if you want to blow the doors off anything else on the road you want the Acabion GTBO 70. Details on the one are few and I don't know if I belive the ones that there are. Anyhoo, the German company is claiming a top speed of 375 mph for the most powerful model. 0-280 is gone in 19 seconds. How did they produce that kind of speed, it's got a 1.3 liter motocycly/motorbike engine tuned to a monsterous 690 bhp. Before you get carried away with that though, you need too know that the car might as well be a motorcycle. At anything above walking pace two of the wheels fold away, creating a more aerodynamic figure. It also helps that the thing weighs 791 pounds, that's not much in car terms, the average sedan weighs about 3000 or so. Amazingly it's not hopelessly impractical, it's got a 150 liter trunk/boot, and with an electric motor for low speed driving does 70.5 mpg. Want one, not me. Look at the thing, it's not so much a car as a 375 mph funeral on wheels. I don't know about pricing but they're taking customer orders.
On an update, It's not road legal. Not Here anyway, there aren't outside mirrors and I don't see any lights, and somehow I doubt the crash-testing went well for it.

7 comments:

Nat said...

You were doing so well but then JBJ whispered in my ear to have a nice life!

What do you think he meant?

stig said...

Uhhhh...(after a few minutes of thought)...something!! I can't be wrong there. I'll try to get an answer that answers when I can think of one.

Nat said...

just make him whisper nice things into my ear!

I like nice things!!

stig said...

Rarely does wispering not nice things in someones ear go well...

Anonymous said...

Hello, ##NAME##. you've certainly been beavering away, here. I'm very impressed with your blog, it is very good. All the best, Rex, ##LINK##

Anonymous said...

Hey there, ##NAME##, now that's what I call a blog with a difference. That's what so good about blogging, isn't it? You can do what you like. It takes a lot of time and effort to blog regularly. Thanks for the blog. Rex ##LINK##

stig said...

Whoa! I go back too read some old comments and I find new ones! Interesting... Thanks BTW